“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
This statement was coined by Arthur C. Clarke, an English writer in the 20th-century. With advances in technology arriving so fast now, we are witnessing new “magic” take place every few days! In particular, the education field has been the true beneficiary of recent technological advancements, leading to a significant impact on the teaching and learning process.
DCPS students and teachers take advantage of numerous technology tools each day. Collectively, these tools help students gain quick access to vital information for learning and provide additional support to actively engage learners.
- The district maintains well over 15,000 electronic devices each year, including approximately 13,000 computers and tablets.
- All classrooms in DCPS are fully equipped with sound amplification devices, projectors, doc cameras, and computers.
- Many classrooms have access to the latest Smart Board/Active Board technology.
- Assistive technology devices are available in a variety of categories to address the functional capabilities of students with disabilities.
- All Daviess County HS and Apollo HS students are participants in our thirteenth year of the "One-to-One” eLearning Program, allowing a powerful connection to 21st-century learning.
- Students in the “Class of 2023” (current freshmen) received our latest eLearning Computer Model—the Lenovo 100e Chromebook on August 10, 2019.
- All HS students can choose to participate in the "BYOD" program.
- Both AHS and DCHS campuses are now operating with a new wireless upgrade, allowing for increased speed and security.
- District buildings have the capability to allow for presenters and visitors to have guest internet access.
The DCPS Open Network is available in all buildings for staff members (Personally Owned Devices).
- DCPS teachers will continue the option to use advanced software to facilitate eLearning in their classrooms, called “GoGuardian.”
- A tremendous variety of paid subscription and free educational/reference software is available now to all DCPS students and staff.
The technology support team in DCPS is strong with customer service as our #1 priority. Below are the names and faces that help teach our students 21st-century technology skills and keep our technology operational at all times.