Welcome to the Fox Family at Burns Middle School! We are proud of our accomplishments and looking forward to making new memories for our students, parents, staff and community.
Our mission at Burns is to provide a nuturing environment that empowers students to achieve their potential as they learn, love and lead.
Our motto is “Building Unique Relationships Nurtures Success”.
Our vision is:
- Building relationships among students, staff, parents, and community
- Understanding the diverse learning styles and needs of each student
- Respecting the unique diversity of each student and staff member
- Nurturing the self-esteem and confidence in each student
- Setting high expectations to improve academic, social and emotional development
- Fueling the desire of all students and staff members to be life-long learners
- Opening doors of opportunity for students and staff to learn, love, and lead
- eXpecting academic excellence in every classroom every day
- Effectively developing socially responsible students
- Serving all students – the heart of our vision
We continue to learn and grow every day and every year. This year we are excited as we begin focusing on being more focused and more consistent with our expectations and our communication. Our students are going to soar as we continue to work with them on being responsible young citizens.
Our administrative team and their basic responsibilities:
Dane Ferguson (Principal) – Classroom Instruction,Communication, Special Services, Buildings & Grounds, Facilitation of all programs/activities
Kendra Bronsink (Assistant Principal) – Curriculum & Instruction, Professional Development & Special Services
Diane Beumel (Staff Developer) – Classroom Instruction, Teacher Development, Professional Development & School Culture
Chantay Taylor, Emily Shown, and Faith Butler (School Counselors) – Assessment, Bully Prevention, Individual Learning Plans (ILP) development, 504 Implementation and Development and Social Skills
Mitchell Jones (Dean of Students) – Discipline & PBIS implementation
Our responsibility as the administrative team is to facilitate an environment which will challenge our students academically, emotionally and socially:
1. by ensuring we are providing differentiated instruction based on individual student needs through an academically rigorous curriculum
2. by ensuring we are engaging students in real world experiences in their daily classroom lessons
3. by ensuring we are developing and nurturing relationships that are positive and professional
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at 270-852-7400
The BMS Administrative Staff
The safety and security of our students and schools is our highest priority. We want to remind families and our
community about the availability of an anonymous online system to report bullying, weapons, drugs or any unsafe
behaviors. (Emergencies should always be reported by calling 911.)
Information submitted to the Safety Tipline Online Prevention (STOP) Tipline is reviewed immediately by DCPS administrators who are trained in appropriate follow-up procedures.
To submit a report – Go to www.dcps.org or any DCPS school website and click on the STOP logo in the upper right corner of the page.