· All students shall wear shoes. Shoes with wheels are not allowed.
· Students must wear tennis shoes for P.E. and/or recess everyday.
· No spaghetti straps or midriff tops.
· Shorts or skirts are to be at fingertip length.
· No jeans with holes above the knees.
· No swimwear or sleepwear including house slippers.
· No hats, hoods, sock caps or head coverings.
· No clothing with obscenities, tobacco, drug, alcohol, inappropriate implications, or clothes which promote wrestling, gangs, or other forms of violence.
· Pants should be at normal waist.
· No bandanas shall be carried or worn.
· Sunglasses shall not be worn in a building unless prescribed by a physician.
· Well-fitting clothes (ex: no sagging, no belly showing).
· No “disruptive” styles (ex: Mohawks, colored or “different” hair, “bling” or excessive jewelry or piercing). School officials may deal on an individual basis with dress that will interfere with the educational process.
· The wearing of any attire, cosmetic, presentation of extraordinary personal appearance, or any unsanitary body condition which materially disrupts school work, and interrupts scholastic endeavors, or threatens the health of other students, is prohibited. The Administrative staff of Country Heights shall have sole discretion regarding the enforcement of this Dress Code prescribed by the Daviess County Public Schools.
Failure to observe the dress code will result in the student being sent home and he/she will receive an unexcused absence.